[Trac-dev] Trac 1.4 release
RjOllos
2017-05-25 08:31:14 UTC
I have been thinking about when to do the Trac 1.4 release. Modernizing
plugins for Trac 1.2+ has been a lot of work, and there will be a fair
amount of work to convert plugins to Jinja2. I propose that we push the
Python3 compatibility to Trac 1.5.1, and release Trac 1.4 in July 2017,
probably near the end of the month. We could immediately start working on
Python3 compatibility for Trac 1.5.1. I don't really see this plan as
delaying the Python3 work, unless someone picks that up it probably won't
happen any sooner. It's more a matter of getting the changes in Trac 1.3.x
to end users sooner. Let me know if you have any comments on that or plans
for things you'd like to including in 1.3.x. I'll provide my list of
planned major tickets for 1.3.x in the coming weeks.

- Ryan
RjOllos
2017-06-09 06:32:55 UTC
Post by RjOllos
I have been thinking about when to do the Trac 1.4 release. Modernizing
plugins for Trac 1.2+ has been a lot of work, and there will be a fair
amount of work to convert plugins to Jinja2. I propose that we push the
Python3 compatibility to Trac 1.5.1, and release Trac 1.4 in July 2017,
probably near the end of the month. We could immediately start working on
Python3 compatibility for Trac 1.5.1. I don't really see this plan as
delaying the Python3 work, unless someone picks that up it probably won't
happen any sooner. It's more a matter of getting the changes in Trac 1.3.x
to end users sooner. Let me know if you have any comments on that or plans
for things you'd like to including in 1.3.x. I'll provide my list of
planned major tickets for 1.3.x in the coming weeks.
- Ryan
With 1.0.14 released, I've targeted 1.0.15 (1) for Sept 2017. If we release
1.4 in July or August of 2017, then I'm hoping that 1.0.15 will be the last
release on the 1.0.x line, barring the discovery of any major defects or
security issues.

Release 0.12.8 is still pending, with the aim of pulling in catalogs from
Transifex. If we don't get around to that sometime this year, I think we
should just decide that 0.12.7 was the last release for 0.12-stable.

- Ryan

(1) http://trac.edgewall.org/milestone/1.0.15
RjOllos
2017-06-10 01:16:53 UTC
Post by RjOllos
I have been thinking about when to do the Trac 1.4 release. Modernizing
plugins for Trac 1.2+ has been a lot of work, and there will be a fair
amount of work to convert plugins to Jinja2. I propose that we push the
Python3 compatibility to Trac 1.5.1, and release Trac 1.4 in July 2017,
probably near the end of the month. We could immediately start working on
Python3 compatibility for Trac 1.5.1. I don't really see this plan as
delaying the Python3 work, unless someone picks that up it probably won't
happen any sooner. It's more a matter of getting the changes in Trac 1.3.x
to end users sooner. Let me know if you have any comments on that or plans
for things you'd like to including in 1.3.x. I'll provide my list of
planned major tickets for 1.3.x in the coming weeks.
- Ryan
I've schedule 1.3.3 for the 15th of July and 1.4 for the 01st of August.
https://trac.edgewall.org/milestone/1.3.3
https://trac.edgewall.org/milestone/1.4

- Ryan
RjOllos
2017-08-28 17:40:31 UTC
Post by RjOllos
Post by RjOllos
[...]
With 1.3.2 released just now, I'm targeting 1.3.3 for end of August and
1.4 shortly thereafter. Input welcome.
- Ryan
I'd like to release 1.3.3 this coming weekend, and start with the 1.4
release candidates shortly after. If you plan to fix any tickets not
already assigned to 1.3.3 or 1.4, please start to move them to the
appropriate milestone.

- Ryan